We’ll meet you where you are
Training can be provided on your premises for all laboratory animal professionals, including animal care and technical staff, researchers, and IACUC members.
Achieve optimal efficiency
General Staff Training
- SOP training
- Job specific skills training
- Effective communication skills
- Professionalism training
- Managing change in the work environment
- Career management for all staffing levels
- Leadership training
- Training for new supervisors
- Training for new managers
- How to coach your staff
Your trainer can be a superstar
Train the Trainer
ACTS will establish technical competence in your trainers and their ability to train others.
We will work with your trainers to improve the necessary skills to make them more effective trainers. Areas of focus include confidence, communication to diverse audiences, preparation and planning, self-evaluation, core technical competencies, and assessment of learners. Learn More
Good animal welfare equals good science
Species Specific Training
- Species specific seminars
- Hands on training for basic biomethodologies in laboratory animals
Special Technique Training
- Rodent endotracheal intubation
- Rabbit endotracheal intubation
- Anesthesia techniques for large and small animals
- Electric and manual microtattooing techniques for rodents
- Animal identification and genotyping
- Intravenous and arterial access in laboratory animals
- Aquatic species handling and care
Our IACUC training is geared for new or experienced IACUC members and researchers. Our programs meet the standard expectation of training for IACUC members. Each program includes:
- a review of federal regulations that govern animal care and use,
- IACUC member role and responsibilities,
- reviewing protocols and
- conducting semi-annual program reviews and inspections,
- and current topics.
We also provide Post Approval Monitoring services and training.
We can better meet your needs with our unique consulting services.
- Onsite trainer
- Training program development
- Training program evaluation
- Competency assessment
- Customized training solutions
We would be happy speak at your next event
ACTS team members have delivered presentations at major events and conferences such as national, regional and local AALAS conferences and workshops, LAMA, ILAM, PRIM&R, NJABR’s IACUC Charge and Challenge conferences, LAWTE and international conferences. We have spoken on topics such as Developing Comprehensive Training Programs, Maximizing Available Resources to Improve Training and Staff Development, Innovations in Personnel Training, Competency Assessment, Online Training Resources, Effective Leadership Development and more.
Contact ACTS now to see when ACTS experts will be available to speak at your event.